5 March 2011

Firing 13 - lucky for some

But not for me!
Work to go in 
















7am, 90oC after 2 hours, turn up the gas, cup of tea, breathe deep
Gorgeous day, Nice, easy and steady climb to 1200 then 15minutes of lost concentration and I never got it back above 1180. I knew the cones were telling me to keep going but after 13 hours the lure of fish and chips at the pub was too great (and there was a bit of applied pressure from R pushing me in that direction).

Lesson learned - instead of only another 2 hours to get to temperature I now have a whole 13 hour firing to do and on my own as R will be away. I think I'll go to 15 hours just to be sure. Have to say I'm hacked off. Not getting enough results to feed the passion. And to continue the misery, the kiln is showing distinct signs of ware, but that's another blog


Orton 7 8 9 & 10, obviously underfired, 9 should be well down
 However, I look at the photo of the sunrise and find there the consolation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment