You can see the build up of glaze from the soda on the bricks. The first firing gave them the most beautiful orange blush. I realised that I should protect them with a wash of alumina. I've no idea how long they will last or how viable it is to do this kind of firing in a kiln which has to be unbuilt to unpack.
I used about 500g of soda for this firing which went into the kiln at about 1170 C over half an hour giving the work a light soda glazing on their exterior surfaces.
These are the best pieces from this firing. Each of the pots has a transparent liner glaze on the interior.
Casserole, makes a good coq au vin.